Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Afternoon Bliss


Fridays are a amazing day we are at the end of a week and Matt will be home soon. our Friday has been a slow one. I keep asking the kids to go on a walk but all they want to do is art today .So i start to think about what we have done this week as a home school family. Then panic sets in " have I done enough ,have they learned enough, what if they are behind, what if they are not doing a what the other kids are doing.Then I remember Dude I'm home schooling them so I don't have to worry about that sort of stuff. I calm down collect my thoughts and being to observe them painting, coloring, making stuff out of tape and sitting playing in there room. At this very moment I'm watching them teach them self's while learning on there own with out me. "sitting and teaching themselves" its a amazing site . I love that for me homeschooling is not just about the "school work" that has to get done. But more about watch the children understand and learn though life . To watch them learns and trust that they are learning is a crazy concept but a beautiful one. That is my Friday afternoon bliss knowing my kids are naturally learning.

as a side note the pic on this post was done by someone not sure who .. i loved it ! plus it seemed fitting. I love gnomes

No comments: